1/2 cup vegetable oil
8 ounces tomato sauce
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 fluid ounce cold water
12 ounces spaghetti
8 green onions, minced
1. In a 4 to 6 quart pot over medium heat, mix 4 ounces oil, tomato sauce, 8 to 12 ounces water, basil, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to medium-low after reaching a boil stir occasionally.
2. Season shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, mix thoroughly and reserve.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, warm 1 ounce oil and add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
4. Add vegetables to tomato sauce and cook over medium heat. After 3 minutes reduce heat to low and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, stir occasionally.
5. When sauce has approximately 7 to 10 minutes to cook until completion, add seasoned shrimp to sauce, mix well. Bring heat to medium and stir occasionally.
6. In a small dish, mix cornstarch and 1 ounce cold water add mixture to sauce when sauce has 2 minutes left until completion and mix well.
7. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente drain and place in a serving bowl.
8. Pour sauce over pasta and sprinkle with green onions serve.