3 cups frozen cauliflower florets
4 1/2 oz. (about 1 1/4 cups) high-fiber elbow macaroni
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper
1 lb. raw extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
1 tbsp. chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper
2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
1 cup diced tomato
2 tbsp. canned tomato paste
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
crushed red pepper
1. Place cauliflower in a large microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave for 3 minutes. Uncover and stir. Recover and microwave for 2 minutes, or until hot. Drain excess liquid.
2. Roughly chop cauliflower, return to the bowl and cover to keep warm.
3. In a large pot, cook pasta per package instructions, about 7 minutes. Drain pasta and stir into cauliflower. Recover to keep warm.
4. Spray the pot with nonstick spray and bring to mediumhigh heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook and stir until browned, about 4 minutes.
5. To the pot, add ground beef, garlic, salt and black pepper. Cook, stir and crumble until beef is fully cooked and veggies are soft, about 6 minutes.
6. Add all remaining ingredients to the pot and stir well. Bring to a boil.
7. Reduce heat to low and stir in cauliflower-pasta mixture. Cook until hot and well mixed, about 2 minutes.