4 medium bell peppers (any color) tops cut away, seeds and white membrane removed
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 lb. extra-lean ground turkey or chicken
1 medium zucchini, diced
1 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. no-calorie sweetener, granulated, 1/2 packet
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked to package instructions
1/4 cup chopped, fresh cilantro
Stuff any color bell with a mix of onion, ground turkey or chicken, zucchini, curry powder, quinoa or brown rice, and cilantro.
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook 2-3 minutes until translucent.
3. Add turkey and brown - breaking up clumps and stirring until cooked through (it will turn greyish white).
4. Add zucchini, curry powder, no-calorie sweetener, cloves, garlic powder and pepper. Stir and cook 2-3 minutes more. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in chicken broth, quinoa, and cilantro until well mixed. Spoon ¼ of mixture in to each bell pepper. Place peppers in an 8x8 baking dish, standing up. Add enough water to cover the bottom of the baking dish about 1/8 inch deep.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes in preheated oven until peppers are tender and mixture is heated through.