1 pound ground pork sausage
1 tablespoon butter
6 stalks chopped celery
2 onions, chopped
2 (1 pound) loaves day old white bread, torn into small pieces
1 1/2 teaspoons sage seasoning mixture
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Place pork sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
3. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Place the celery and onions in the saucepan and slowly cook and stir until tender.
4. Mix together the sausage, celery, onions, bread, sage, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
5. Pour the eggs and chicken broth into the mixture. Use more broth if needed. The stuffing should be moist, not mushy.
6. Press the mixture into the baking dish. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven or until the top is brown and crisp.